THE FUTURE OF WORK WE WANT
15. November 2016, 8:00 - 16. November 2016, 13:00
The world of work is undergoing massive changes. Globalization, technological innovations, demographic shifts, migration and climate change will fundamentally challenge the traditional way in which work is conceived, organized and governed in the EU and beyond. These changes bring uncertainty about the future, generating both fears and hopes. Will they result in more and better jobs or lead to more unemployment and underemployment? Will they advance social justice and progress, or take us backwards? Ultimately European societies will have to respond to these global challenges and shape the world of work they want.
This High-level Conference is part of the ILO global initiative on the Future of Work built upon the views of social partners and civil society.
Speakers will include:
- Ms Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment and Social Affairs
- Mr Georges Dassis, President of the European Economic and Social Committee
- Mr Guy Ryder, Director-General of the International Labour Organization
- Representative from the Slovak Presidency (tbc)
For latest updates please consult the event website.
If you wish to register please click here.