The Basi supports dialogue and co-operation between its members and the sector, particularly with the following foci: occupational safety and health and human factors/ergonomics; occupational safety and health and health promotion; and prevention, rehabilitation, integration, inclusion. The Basi is a strategic partner of the Joint German OSH Strategy (GDA) conducted by the German federal and regional governments and the German Social Accident Insurance, and belongs to the network group of the German Federal Ministry of Labour’s New Quality of Work Initiative (INQA). Close co-operation is maintained above all with the INQA German Network Office (DNB) network, which was formed in response to an initiative by the Basi, and the INQA Production and SME networks.
International co-operation and networking take place primarily in conjunction with the A+A. The annual Polish-German OSH
Dialogue and the dialogue with Turkey are products of the A+A’s partner country activities at the A+A 2011 and 2013 respectively.
- Support for communication and co-operation, between Basi members and within occupational safety and health as a whole
- Discussion platform for new OSH developments and topics
- Creation of fora for exchanging of views between OSH institutions
- Promotion of the concerns of occupational safety and health among the wider public, in political discourse, and in related spheres
- Support for regional activities
- Promotion of pooling of experience at international Level